Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Home Study Jitters

Although I have been on this adoption journey for 5 months now (research, research & even more research), tomorrow it will all feel real. Tomorrow is our home visit with our Social Worker. :) I say 'our' because I feel that this is 'our' family's journey, me, my puppies (unknowingly on their end) & our little girl somewhere out there. I am trying not to be too freaky about the cleaning end of things, thank heavens I am already somewhat of a neat freak, but I must admit that I am a bit nervous. I did go out and buy a fire extinguisher, Carbon Monoxide Detector and electrical outlet covers yesterday.............is that silly? I didn't bleach the toilets at least.

I will keep you all posted!

Thank you to all of my amazing friends and my super amazing family for your support on my adoption journey. I love you all! I am truly blessed!

6 comments:

Marla B said...

Christy,

I love your Blog, it even made me cry.

I am so excited for you and I am looked forward to watching your family grow. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you throughout this process.

Love ya,
Marla

Liz said...

I cried too! You go girl! I have such respect for you and your choice to be a mom! You will be great and your daughter will be so lucky! I can't wait to meet her!
Liz

Angie Minerich said...

You are truly ment to be a mom! I look forward to sharing this experience with you! She will be a blessing to all of us! Your daughter will be showered with kisses and embraced by many!

Love
Angie

Jill and Brian Erlandson said...

Wow, that’s powerful! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your experience with us. You are a walking angel, your daughter should feel honored to call you mommy. The world needs more courageous women like you. You are an inspiration to all of us!Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help.

Best
Jill and Brian Erlandson

Sandy said...

Christy - I was excited to recive your news - I will pray for you & your daughter for all to go well. You will always hold a very special place in my heart. Randy & wish you the very best in the future.
Love, Sandy

Sherree said...

You are truly an amazing person with all the great qualities someone needs to be a mom. There will be many challenges along the way and as you pass each year with your child you will look back and know you were blessed. I have been fortunate to have 2 daughters of my own and cherish every moment with them. They are the light in my life.

Love always. Sherree

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)