Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Sunday, December 16, 2007

62 LBS



Here I am, sitting at the Minneapolis Airport awaiting my 9:30 flight to Amsterdam and then off to Almaty. When you all wake up Tuesday morning, I should officially be in my final destination, Aqtobe, Kazakhstan. :) The past couple days have been a bit of a whirlwind, receiving my LOI Tuesday, and now here I am awaiting my flight on Sunday. :) Honestly, I only officially had 2 freak out times when I feared I had too much on my plate, otherwise, packing and finish shopping went fairly smoothly. My Visa was super speedy thank heavens.

So, here I am, with my one checked bag, one carry on, one diaper bag/ laptop carrier and my purse. That is it! Yes, this girl fit it all into 2 bags, and I even brought a cooking pan - no Kitchen sink, but close. My checked bag ended up being 62lbs which cost me $50, no biggie. **Notice the 'Heavy' tag. :) I guess they don't take any bags over 75lbs as an fyi. :) When i went through security, I had to use 5 plastic totes for my things: laptop, camera, boots, coat, money belts,checked bag, diaper bag & purse. Ugh! And wouldn't you believe it, they had to open my bag and take everything out piece by piece. :) But all was okay! You should see how packed my bags are, and I even fit in the Christmas Tree that Sandi sent for me to put in my hotel room. :) Thanks a million Sandi, along with my Christmas window clingies I should be set.

15 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow! Here you go! I've been thinking about you and praying for you, Christy. Cherish this journey...it will touch your heart and change your life forever. I continue to pray for you daily. Pamela

Kristi Gruizenga said...

Hooray! I'm jealous for so many reasons - not among the least of which is because you have such a long layover in my favorite city in the world - Amsterdam! You should really try to catch the train to Centraal Station - its really easy to do. Then as soon as you walk out the doors you'll see where you can take a boat tour - it's great and will allow you to see most of Amsterdam in just an hour. And it will make time go by faster instead of staring at the clock in the airport. Have fun!!

Sandi said...

Christy
I have been thinking about you all day. Your now 2 hours into your flight to Amsterdam and hopefully catching some Z's.. dreaming of baby Kaz. I hope you have some time to enjoy Amsterdam....and I can not wait for Tuesday morning...

Have a great time and always remember to breathe.......

Susan said...

that is a great picture of you!! you look fab in your new boots too. :)

i cannot believe you got all that in one bag...including a tree.
:)

we are thinking of you a lot!!!

Susan said...

ps. 5 plastic totes? wow. you go girl. you're my idol!!

now, when you come back with baby, 5 totes and baby will be quite comical. :)

marsrob said...

WOW, by now you are ALMOST in KAZ at your final destination! We are sitting in Almaty filled with excitement for you!!! cannot wait to read the upcoming posts. And congrats on the serious packing job...no joke, that is IMPRESSIVE!

J & M

Patrick & Eileen said...

Yeah Christy!!! It's your turn to start your journey to your daughter! After all these months of waiting.

We're very excited for you - it was also very sweet of Sandi to send a Christmas tree too! We'll be taking our Laptop with us on our Christmas home to my dad's. We'll keep an eye out for you!

Take care.

Hugs,
Eileen

Matthew Ruley said...

I am so excited to follow your journey and meet about your little sweetie. Know that LOTS of people across the world are thinking about and praying for you. Do not feel alone over there, we are all with you in spirit.

How did you manage the cash at the airport? I always wonder how that works. can you go through the xray with a money belt or did you have to put it on conveyor belt? Did they ask about it?

Great pic of you!

Suzanne said...

Fly like the wind, Christy! Fly like the wind!

-Suzanne

Liz said...

And yor off! Good luck with your travels. Just think in a few days you will be with your daughter! That brings tears of joy to my eyes!

Jill (I forgot my log in so I am using Liz's!)

Amy said...

I got goosebumps reading your last two posts. I can practically hear the clicking of the cars as they reach the top of the roller coaster. Hang on tight, enjoy the ride and remember to peek every now and then!!! Congratulations Christy!!!!

Global Girl said...

So close! Best of luck :)

Alysa said...

Wow! I cannot believe you packed a tree! Just sounds so funny. But I would have done the same thing if I were on your schedule. Let me know how the luggage weight thing works for in-country flight.

Prayers and thoughts are with you. I second what Matthew and Suzanne said, you are not alone as we are all thinking of you!

Have fun!
Alysa

Anonymous said...

The boots are awesome! You look, though, as if you might topple over as you walk through a busy airport ;-)

Good luck, can't wait to check Tuesday's post!
Shannon

Amy said...

What!!! You're not there yet!?! Just kidding.... I am impatient with anticipation.

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)