Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Let's Try This Again :)





Okay, so this time I will be sure to press save before trying to publish my post. :)

It is Wednesday, March 5th and I am now 32. Wo! I am old! I started this journey to adopt Z one year and 2 days ago, on my 31st birthday, that is the day that I mailed out my application to LMI. And look how life has changed in just one short year. I now have the most perfect little munchkin lying upstairs in my home in her crib. How much more lucky could I be. (No question mark there.)

Well the last couple weeks have been filled with getting settled, recovering from slight jet lag, figuring out sleep schedules, dreaded doctor's visits (more on that to come), insurance coverage information, daycare dilemnas, many kisses and great hugs.......... It has been great! Z is so adaptable! Seriously, she amazes me more and more each day! I keep wondering when the little monster will pop out and it still hasn't surfaced. :)

Our day at the doctor was horrific. I nievely thought that it was just an initial consultation, no shots I assumed. Ummmmm nope, not just one shot, but 4 and 4 viles of blood drawn too. You know when a baby is born and their screaming so hard that they can't scream and their face is just beat red? Well that was Z. By the end of her 4th vile of blood that was drawn she was drenched in sweat, as was I since I was cheek to cheek with her. It was a sad day! But, for the 5th time, we have now confirmed that Zahri in fact is HIV negative! How many times do we need to do that darn test? :) Anyhow, her pediatrician only said that she is slightly Anemic so we need to give her a multi-vitamin with extra Iron, which I was already doing. Good Mommy!

Zahri is a rockstar in her car seat, in fact she often just falls asleep. She went right into her highchair no problem. She loves bath time now, in fact last night she was splashing up a storm with her feet and hitting her stacking cups in the water to make big splashes. She is crawling up a storm and pulling herself up on everything too, in fact, it is much more difficult to get her down for her nap now that she knows she can just pull herself up and look at me and give me her cheesy, I am so proud of myself, grin. Currently Z is sleeping in my room, we have a travel crib (same as a regular crib just a wee bit smaller) next to the bed. The first couple weeks she slept right in the bed with me which was great, that way when she woke up, she knew that I was still there to comfort her. Now, I can still be right there for her, but she isn't necessarily in the bed with me (that is until about 4:00 am when she wakes up for her bottle and I keep her in the bed. hehe) At nap time I still lay on my bed while she goes to sleep in her crib, but in the next month I hope to transition her to her own room. We will have to see how that goes. ;)

She is warming up to the puppies. At first she wasn't so sure of them, so I didn't push. My dogs are mainly outside dogs, they have a very posh kennel in my heated and insulated garage that then walks out to a nice concrete kennel with a wood deck just for them, so no worries people, the dogs have it made here. Anyhow, I bring them in almost nightly and Z gets to see them. Slowly she warmed up to getting closer to them, and now she giggles and gets all excited when she sees them. 2 nights ago she let Diesel give her many kisses.











She loves mommy's headband. How funny is this? She didn't even try to take it off. haha










Auntie Becky and Uncle Dan bought her the sweetest Pottery Barn Easter Basket, our Fave store, and they also bought her this sweetest little Cabbage Patch Doll. Did you know that the Cabbage Patch Kids are all adopted too? And this doll was born on March 26th per her adoption certificate, and Z was born on the 30th; how crazy is that? To top it off her CPD is also Kazak! :)












Thank you SO very much Eileen and Pat for Zahri's cutest little hedgehog ever! I adore this little guy, he is so bright and textured, and his nose is perfect to suck on........that is if you are 11 months old and teething. :)


8 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

We're happy that Z loved her hedgehog, the wrapping paper and the packing peanuts :)

I have to say, I'm in love with Z. She just looks like a very happy girl and it's fun to look at her photos.

The dogs are sweet too. So cute to see Z starting to warm up to them. How are they with her?

Take care, get well soon - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!

Eileen & Pat

Stacy said...

I am so glad allis perfect with you and Z. It looks and sounds like that transitions have gone smooth. She is so so so cute and I have loved watching her flourish!!

Stacy said...

Oh and Happy Birthday too! What a great gift you have gotten!!

Anonymous said...

That is one cute, happy baby ;-) You are both rockstars!
Shannon

Susan said...

happy birthday girl!! You are about 10 years younger than me. yikes..I am old. I will be 42 in June..and my husband is 10 1/2 years older than me. I FEEL OLD!

On another note, I love to hear your updates and see how resilient your daughter is. She is her momma's girl. You have always amazed me with your strength and confidence,and you got a daughter just like you. I tell you, God is GREAT! I am glad she's getting used to the dogs and them to her.
Eileen is so sweet-what a sweet gift and of course the gorgeous card.

How crazy her cabbage patch and her have the same birthday.

My LITTLE SISTERS (twins) are 31, 32 in June. When they were 5, they had cabbage patch dolls. I hid them (mean big sister) and they took ONE of all my shoes so i'd give them back their babies.
Smart girls...

Anyway, love to see you home and happy with your baby. All in a year's time...pretty impressive.

I don't think we'll be even gone yet. OUr "year anniversary" is May 9th-the day we signed with our agency. :)

qmiller said...

So glad to see how well you and Z are doing...what a happy girl! You both appear to be loving your new lives as a family. Happy Birthday! Quaintance

Jackie said...

Your Z is a doll. So so very cute. Everything sounds like it is going so well since being home.

As for the bloodwork...I know exactly what you mean. It is horrible and I wonder how a little thing can sweat so much.

All the best!!

Alysa said...

Ohmigosh Z is SO CUTE! It looks like you are all settling in so well. Even the pups. What a soft little kiss she was getting.

Happy happy birthday to you! So "old" at 32! Sheesh. Just a baby yourself!

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)