Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Just what I needed

For about 5 days I have pondered the idea of calling Meri's adoptive family, but I kept putting the call off in fear of hearing that she ran away or something terrible like that. The more days that passed that I hadn't heard from them, the more concerned I got, but Monday I called, and within 10 minutes Meri's adoptive family called back ........... She is doing great! They love her so much and she is even more than what they hoped for! Her mom was beaming, I could just tell, when he talked about Meri! Her adoptive dad just loves her, he had been wanting a big dog for some time, but was voted out when the family original brought home a poodle. Poor Dad! Anyhow, Meri follows him around the yard while he mows and he even said, "I just love Meri!" Melt! Mitchell, their 10 year old son, was telling Meri to sit but she wasn't quite listening, so dad told Mitchell that you have to be more stearn and 'tell' her to sit. Mitch said that he couldn't do that because Christy told us not to yell at Meri because it hurts her feelings. hehehe I loved hearing that! Dad counseled Mitch that yelling and being stearn are different. :) I guess that Meri plays outside w/ the kids all the time, so much so that she sleeps like a rock at night. When Leah, the 20 year old daughter, comes home late Meri will bark but when Leah says Meri's name, Meri hushes. That is my girl! I guess that she still has her same routines: only plays in the backyard, never the front (#1 I didn't want the dogs to run away and #2 I didn't want more pee spots in the front yard) so she learned that the backyard is her play space. They already took her to the lake too! My heart was so happy after hearing this! I knew that she was a wonderful girl, but I worried that she would have a really rough transition, but it sounds like they are keeping her so busy and so loved that she is quite happy!

No comments:

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)