Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Knowledge is Power


"The Complete Book of International Adoption" Dawn Davenport - My bible throughout this journey, truly the book that you can't leave home without.

"Adopting on Your Own, The Complete Guide to Adopting as a Single Parent" Lee Varon - This book caught my attention right away in the Preface as I read, "I always thought that I could marry at any age, but it might not always be so easy to become a parent. Although I had known all along that I would adopt, and I didn't want to bear a child as a single person, when I reached my thirties I felt the clock ticking away. I didn't want to wait forever to become a mother." I was hooked! Great read!

"Single Mothers by Choice" Jane Mattes

"The Complete Single Mother" Andrea Engber & Leah Klungness

"Cross-Cultural Adoption" Amy Coughlin & Caryn Abramowitz - Just starting to read this book (Barnes & Noble purchase this week) and it is filled with answers to questions that adoptive parents are commonly asked from friends, family members, co-workers & other kids.

"Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew" Sherrie Eldridge - This book was recommended to me by Suzanne, my friend in CA that is also on her adoption journey. (another Barnes & Noble purchase this week) So far I am only 30 pages into this book and am completely hooked. This may be my favorite book yet!

No comments:

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)