Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Designer Christy at Work



This past weekend, I drove down to Iowa to see my sister and my boys. Saturday, Becky, my older sister (had to throw that in since today is her 34th birthday, and I drove to Sioux City and went material shopping at a sweet little quilting shop. My sister is making my daughter a quilt. :) Before our shopping excursion, I was set on light pink, more of a hot pink, white and chocolate brown......but we came across the sweetest, somewhat retro mod material and we both fell in love. Beck fell in love for me, this is not her personal style, but she can appreciate my off the wall, 70's mod style. You can kindof see 4 of the materials that we chose for the quilt, they are pinned to the pink changing table cushion, and the 5th material will be a sweet soft pink Chenille, the Chenille will be used for every other square in the quilt and the other materials will be randomly placed throughout the rest of the quilt. :) While in Iowa, my sister also gave me her glider rocker for the nursery. :) So today, I ran to the material store in search for a fun material to re-upholster the glider cushions with..............and I found a super fun one! My plan is to paint out the glider white and then re-cover the cushions with this super fun striped material. Above is the 'before' glider and my inspiration materials & colors. I am so excited to see how my daughter's nursery turns out....no worries, I will post pictures. :)

No comments:

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)