Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Monday, October 8, 2007

Freakin' Out ............ Still!

Okay, so I just received an email that stated that although I don't have my LOI yet, and my dossier is on its' way to Aqtobe, to start putting my pet-sitters and house-sitters on call just in case I travel in the next 4-8 weeks. Are you kidding? If I knew all of you better, I would have said a naughty word there, but since I don't know you all and my mom reads this blog, I thought it best not to put that word. I am freakin' out! As I told my business partner, I am packing & shopping like I could leave in 4 weeks, but mentally I didn't think it was a reality so I have not really prepared my mind for the possibility of such a quick travel. Freakin! Honestly, this is what I had hoped for, I wanted to travel in November / December and bond at home in January, my ideal scenario some months back, but now that I am closer and November is next month, I am nutty! I know, I know, enjoy this time, take it in, nest, are you kidding me? How in the world can I do all that when I have so much to do? :) Breathe!

Today I spoke w/ the sister of a new adoptive Aqtobe mom, which was absolutely wonderful, and she let me know that the way the locals pronounce this region is: Ock too bay - and the 'Ock' (short O) is pronounced with a gruff German throat thing. :)

Today, I took the day off, just in case, I thought that I best get a couple additional things for my trip, so I picked up my Skype headsets for my business partner Angie and I, my plug in transformer, my cd case for 24 movies (Had to buy 'Knocked Up' too as I laughed my butt off when I saw it in the theater,) curtains, sheers and curtain rods for the nursery, my cushions for the glider (just reupholstered), and I think that was it. Oh yeah, and I picked out my car seat that I will pick up in the next little while, and I checked on my crib, that I had to special order - grrrr - and it should be in at the end of this month. (run on sentence there :) Shopping is nearly complete, now I need to get the puppy sitter, bills & business side of things set up, second Hep shot & HIV test scheduled, another set of finger prints done, and on and on and on! How is a girl supposed to work here?

8 comments:

Susan said...

LOL i am sure it's crazy.
heck, our dossier is not even at the embassy yet and some days i freak out.

You are smart, pretty, and funny-and God Darn it, people like you.

SO, you will be fine, and your blog stalkers will help you get thru this with incredible posting support. :)

YOU CAN DO IT. :)

Matthew Ruley said...

Congratulations - how wonderful. I love the saying that its never convenient to do something new or make a life change. Its so true. You will get through this and you will have a great life gift for all your ... stress! Im so looking forward to reading your journey! Breathe. Suz

marsrob said...

Congrats! It is a crazy ride - and it sounds like you'll be meeting your baby soon! Hooray!

qmiller said...

Christy: Slow down and BREATHE!!! :) I had to laugh at your comments...it so reminded me of a conversation I had with my agency rep. when I was waiting---she misunderstood a question that I asked about timelines and her response had me believing that I was leaving in 7 days (reality was 11 weeks)! Like you, I quickly switched to overdrive! The next few months will feel like a lot of Christmas mornings, all lined up, back-to-back....ENJOY! Q.

Angela said...

To continue with the nice explicatives - Holy moly! The trip does seem to sneak up on people. Great, great news though! Congrats!

Sandi said...

Wahoo.. HOLY MOLY is right. I am so excited for you, that is amazing. Hang on, life is about to change dramatically.

It is perfect timing in our industry to get out of dodge and enjoy the baby and the country.

I have had my freak out moments lately and I really need to get more organized.

YOU are going to have the time of your life.

:)

Unknown said...

Okay, so with at least 4 weeks 'til you travel, you can give yourself at least one complete freak-out week, and then have three whole weeks for calm preparation, right? I'm so excited for you... how great that it's working out to your original timeline. I will send you the list I've been compiling from what everyone else has said to bring... maybe it will help. You'll do great!

Unknown said...

Wow! It's finally here! I am so excited for you! Let me know if there is anything you need help with.

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)