Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Monday, October 15, 2007

New Hotel Information

So here is what I know so far, there are two hotels that I am learning about in Aqtobe (with a 'q' or with a 'k' ?? I still don't know), the first is Hotel Datsum or Dastan and the second is Hotel Asia. I hope that I got that right. :) The Hotel Datsum sits just above a restaraunt, so the mere 11-12 hotel rooms total are all on the second floor of the building, and there are then apartment buildings on the 3rd floor. Weird hu! This hotel only has 11-12 rooms, not what I expected. Where's the pool then? hehehe just kidding! There is a guard on duty, and someone at the front desk, 24/7 and you can usually find someone that can speak a little English. :) Bonus for me! This hotel is not as centrally located. Then there is the Hotel Asia, this hotel is above a disco, yikes!, and the mere 11 or 12 total rooms in this hotel are located on the 2nd and 3rd levels of the building. Again, not what I was imagining, however, there is a Bell Boy that carries your luggage upstairs for you, no elevator, but a strapping Bell Boy! This hotel is a bit more centrally located to shopping from what I hear, and that is super important! :) I do plan to go shopping at the market and the pray about my spending of money at the mosque upstairs when I am done. :) That sounds almost as fun as drinking at my Baby Shower, oh yeah, you bet that we are going to do that! How funny is that, drinking at a baby shower! :)

The apartments do have a seperate living space as well as a kitchen and laundry, and they are just shy of $1,000 cheaper per 30 days in Aqtobe. From what I have seen, the apartments do look super nice inside, and if I were traveling w/ a stout husband, I would probably go this route, but since I am not, I believe that I have chosen to stay at the hotel. My family is happy with this decision too! :)

No comments:

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)