Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

By the hair of my chinny-chin-chin!

We got lucky! Last week I emailed my credit union asking if they had access to brand new money, no creases, no wrinkles, no tears and the big heads :). My credit union let me know that it wouldn't be a problem to order. Fast forward to yesterday, I received an email stating, "You were right, it is a lot harder than we thought to get such perfect money." But.................I think we got lucky here. Come to find out the federal reserve only takes requests like this a couple times a year, and fortunately for me, November 5th-9th is one of those times. Yahooooo! So, for all of you waiting families that need 'perfect money,' I would strongly advise you talk w/ your local credit union (or bank) and get your money ordered before next week. :)

Just a friendly tip!

4 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

I keep checking in to see if you had your LOI yet! You've been waiting since the beginning of October. Is the suspense killing you?

Thanks for the tip on the cash! Suz

Sandi said...

I got my cash months ago and it is tucked away safe and sound. I am glad I did it as my bank was also able to get it from the federal reserve but I got the last of the new money. They actually set it aside for international adoptions.

:)

marsrob said...

We also got our money and set it aside a while ago - we were so worried it would be hard to get. But, as Sandi discovered, evidently the federal reserve sets aside "international adoption" new money! And our bank makes weekly requests, so they got it for us across a bunch of weeks. Glad you got yours too! This is one aspect of international adoption that takes people by surprise. I know we were stunned!

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Thanks for the heads up!! I didn't know about this. Susan

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)