Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Kicking Ourselves - The Story of One Sad Little Chair



One day there was this sad looking little kid's folding chair, it was covered in old tan 70s vinyl with little cream flowers. The cushion on the chair had a rip and the metal was beginning to rust, it was so sad, nobody loved this little chair. And then one day Marla, a good friend of mine, rescued that little chair from a garage sale. Seeing the potential, she brought it home to me. Gosh, what a great friend........for saving the chair I mean, not for bringing her garage sale find home to me. :) Cheap skate! And who would have guessed, I too saw the potential in this little chair and was excited to give it a new, much happier, little life. Off I went the next day to find the perfect fabric to recover the chair. Purple was a must as the chair came from Auntie Marla, and Marla is a purple fanatic. Waaaala, the perfect material was found, and a new little charming chair was born. Check it out! We totally HGTVed that chair! I would have to say that Marla and I deserve a t.v. show now...........and then here comes the 'kicking ourselves' part......we never took a photo of the sad little chair before her complete makeover. Shoot! Just try to imagine a sad little vinyl chair and then look at our new sparkling purple polka dot chair. It rocks!

3 comments:

marsrob said...

That chair is SPECTACULAR!!!!

Sandi said...

That chair rocks. Purple is my favorite color too...

Susan said...

Purple is my fav color ever since 7th grade and i fell in love with donny osmond.
that chair is cooolio. you are talented girl!

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)