Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back to the Drawing Board


I am not sure if the real estate market is the same across the US, but here in MN it is definitely a buyer's market. At the beginning of my adoption process, my plan was to sell the cabin in a fair trade to finance my adoption. I thought that the worst case scenario was that I would walk away with enough money to finance the entire adoption, but yep, you guessed it, I was wrong! Back to the drawing board as the cabin sold, and I feel very thankful for that, but the funds are not what I had dreamed of. Ugh! Good thing there are additional options. Who would have ever guessed that a waterfront property would be so tough to sell. 3 years ago I could have sold the cabin in one week and my net profits would have been amazing, but as it stands, the sales price is what I paid for the cabin 3 years ago. Crazy! This photo was also taken at the cabin the day of the sale. Peace!

No comments:

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)