Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dun Dun Dun Dun (Pretend that was with Music)


The final tally is in, but first, here were the guesstimates on our final numbers:

* Linda - $2250.55
* Marla - $2413.67
* Angie - Couldn't guess because I spilled the beans to her.
* Becky - $2350.00
* Sherree - $1615.14
* Suzanne - $2482.85
* Liz - $2600.00
* Jill - $2200.00

And the winner is.......Liz! Our final adoption garage sale proceeds were $2649.56!!!!!!! Who would have ever thought that you could make such incredible money at a garage sale? Pure craziness! It is now 2 days later, and it seems that we are all still recouping, what an intense weekend! Work, Work, Work in the Hot, Hot, Hot Sun! But, I must say, that I think that we all still had a great time hanging out, eating hot dogs, listening to music under the umbrella, baking in the sun, sorting and re-sorting, organizing continuously & drinking cold smoothies for breakfast.

What amazing, lasting memories! All this for my baby! :)

2 comments:

Tasha Kent said...

OH.MY.GOD. The most I've ever made at a garage sale was 200 bucks.

Way to go! Congrats!

Suzette & Tate said...

Christy, needless to say I was very impressed with how much you raised for your adoption garage sale. My husband and I are adopting from Kaz too and we are having an adoption garage sale in May to raise money. I was wondering if you had any hints of some extra things you did to raise money. Besides asking friends and family for items to donate.

Thank you!
Suzette

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)