Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Friday, January 18, 2008

Gymast Perhaps?













Okay, I promise not to push her, but I am thinking that maybe Z will be a gymnast.......what do you think? :) And I didn't prompt her to do this, she was just laying there playing with her stellar fur boots.

Zahria gets faster and faster by the day, it won’t be long before she is crawling. It started out as an army crawl, no legs were used, and then she was scooting around with her arms and legs, and now she is full speed ahead motivated to move toward something. She almost has the crawl down, but she needs to learn to keep her butt in the air for just a bit longer. Who ever would have thought that I would say that. Haha

Okay, look really close at the photo where Zahri's face is on the beach ball, you can see through the ball that she is slobbering all over it. :) That is my girl!






















Z has two caregivers that really seem to adore and love her and she in return loves them back, it is so nice to see. When they come to get her, she is smiles. It is nice to leave and know that she is in loving hands. I know that they cannot give her the one and one that she gets when she is with me, but I do know that she is being cared for by ladies that adore her. When I left this afternoon, one shouted out the baby room window, ‘Good Luck at Court.’ In Russian of course.

So, while we were just driving home from my afternoon visit I noticed 3 school aged boys ice skating on the sidewalks. I am not kidding you either!!! They had their normal ice skates on and everything, and it seemed to be working out just fine for them. Too funny!

INTERESTING KAZ TIDBIT: When you are at a stoplight and it is about to turn red, the green light first blinks a couple times to warn you, then it turns to yellow and then red. I found that interesting.

ANOTHER INTERESTING TIDBIT: A couple weeks ago we were coming to pick up Margo at the older baby house and just before we entered the grounds, behind an apartment complex, there were 2 men skinning a sheep. Seriously, I about freaked out, but I kept my cool, did a double take, and yes in fact they had it tied by its’ hind legs to a clothes line and were skinning it. YUCK! How in the world could they be doing this right out there in the open? But then I thought, we do this with deer. When I grew up my dad was/is a hunter and he would bring home the deer and elk and hang them by their hind legs in our garage. Well, they don’t have many garages here, so right out in the open it is. I guess it is what you are used to, what you grew up with, because Ceric and Aina didn’t even look twice or comment. It just makes my stomach turn thinking about it again, but really it is just life.

YET ANOTHER WHILE I AM AT IT: There are many stray dogs and cats here. Here, because there are so many apartments, there are also a lot of dumpsters, dumpsters that are overflowing with garbage. At these dumpsters you will always find stray animals. At first I was so sad about it, but again, dogs were historically wild animals, so I think they make it just fine here. I haven’t seen that they bother people at all……oh but there was one time that I now do recall……it was at the skating rink by the stadium, a dog had gotten a hold of a young man’s hat, he was probably 20 something, and he was chasing the dog all around trying to make him drop it. Finally he scared the dog by pouncing right down on the ground in front of the dog, yes, he was totally on the ground, his entire body, and the dog dropped the hat and jumped back in fear. It worked. It was quite funny really, the dog was just playing.

10 comments:

Sandi said...

I can't see the pictures :( Ok so it is now 6:50pm January 18th, you should have gone to court already and I know your out celebrating, but come on your blog stalkers are dying to hear the news.

xoxoxox
sandi

Pamela said...

Ditto on the pics...no can see.

Ditto on the court question...HOW'D IT GO???

Eager to hear more!

Pamela

Alysa said...

Yeah, pictures are messed up and I'm waiting for court news too!

Wonderful that Z is loved by so many. Such a good thing.

Skinning the sheep and all the stray animals? Not so much. It is a different world and very hard to see.

Will check back later to read the good news!

Alysa

qmiller said...

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!! Looking forward to today's news!

Quaintance

Suzanne said...

I can see the pictures on the blog entry, but when I click to enlarge them, nothing.

But more importangly, COURT? Maybe you're not allowed to talk/write about it yet. So if that's the case, no pressure. But let us know as soon as you can. We're all on the edges of our seaats!

xoxo
Suzanne

Liz said...

I am so glad that you are able to blog again. So what happend in court today?

Jill

Liz said...

I am so glad that you are able to blog again. So what happend in court today?

Jill

Anonymous said...

Ditto Ditto Ditto ;-)

Shannon

Stacy Peters-Walters said...

Hi there Christy - Like everyone else I'm dying to hear how court went! Stacy

Susan said...

oh yeah, the picture are showing up now.
WOW, is Z ever flexible! She needs to do yoga. :)

impressive! :)

she is so cute. She just lights up now in her pictures....all becuz of her foxy momma! :)

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)