Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Friday, January 18, 2008

Success at Court X4
















I am happy to report that 4 out of our 5 couples here have made it through court and into the 15 day appeal period with great success! Just me to go! So far, so good, it looks like all of the ducks are in a row now for Z and I too, so hopefully Friday goes well! Today during visits I wrote up my 3 minute speech that I am to give to the judge, it is all about facts, no fluff. Who am I, am I educated, do I own a home, how long at my job, annual salary, why adopting, am I in good health, why did I select Zahri, etc.

If all goes as planned, my mom and sister will be heading to Aqtobe on February 9th, arriving here on the 11th. I am so excited to see them and share Z with them! It sounds like we may only have a day, maybe 2, here in Aqtobe and then we are off to Almaty for a couple additional days. I am hoping to be back in Minnesota by the 18th of February, but as we all know, flexibility is the key.

So, what am I doing right now? Well, glad that you asked. I just washed up some burp cloths and bibs in my tiny pedestal sink and hung them to dry on my make shift clothes line that is strung from my armoire to the window, a total of maybe 4 feet. The left side of the string is tied to the knob of the top cabinet of my armoire, so when I hang something a bit too heavy, the cabinet door swings open and causes a bit of chaos, Hehe I am also making butter noodles on my hot plate that sits on my lone Dining Chair, drinking a glass of Kazak wine, and listening to the BBC. I must be honest and say that I am so much more educated now on foreign affairs and the U.S. race for president. I never quite realized just how ‘stuck in my own little bubble’ I have been. You live your life going to and from work, making supper, doing laundry, cleaning your home, paying your bills, and that is about your life………oh sorry, forgot one really important item in my old day to day, watching HGTV, can’t forget that. It is hard to really take in what is happening in the world around you when you are so consumed with your day to day.

No comments:

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)