Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Getting Ready


How do you prepare your world for the addition of your first child? That is what I am trying to figure out as a first time mom and I am learning that I can do much more than just paint her bedroom and buy cute baby stuff. So far, this is what I have done to get my world ready for our new little addition:
  • Moved my real estate office from Spring Lake Park (45 minutes each way) to Big Lake (2 minutes from my home.) This will give us more bonding time, save $ on Daycare and Gas, and help me to be closer to home for those 'just in case' moments.
  • I have sent my littlest man, Diesel, to Puppy Boot Camp. The last thing that I want is to have a freaky puppy and a new baby, so I best get Diesel in order before my daughter's arrival so we can all stay a bit more sain. :) Poor little man had to have a laso around his neck at the drop off. hehehe
  • I am currently car shopping for a 'Mommy Car,' not yet ready for a Mini-Van, but a good car that has reasonable payments (to make up for the new daycare expenses), a DVD player (a must on the trips to see Grandma/pa, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins) and full side and front air bags. We are looking at a Honda Pilot.
  • I met with my new Insurance Agent and saved $1500 a year on insuring my properties and my vehicle. Holy Cow! FYI - my agent is licensed in 5 states if you want his name, he does Rock!
  • My cabin is on the market, a bit sad but a good trade! :)

So much to do & so worth it!

No comments:

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)