Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Our Timeline So Far

2-14-07 Valentine's Day - allowed myself for the first time ever to think of me as a mom and actually bought a Valentine's card that spoke to me, my sign, that I needed to move forward on my journey to adopt. This was the first thing that I have ever purchased in true anticipation of being a parent. A big day! Very emotional!

3-3-07 My 31st Birthday - Sent out my application to my adoption agency.

3-23-07 - Received acceptance letter from my Agency.

The week of March 26th I freaked out a bit before sending in my contract to my agency. :)

4-6-07 Good Friday - Sent out my Contract to my agency with my first big check.

4-11-07 - Sent out my Home Study application.

4-12-07 - Sent out my I600-A "Application to adopt an Orphan."

(and in between, filled out a bazillion forms, got fingerprinted 3 times, visited my doctor, had two home study visits, sold my pontoon and a leather living room set to raise some cashola, ordered 3 additional certified birth certificates, received 3 letters of reference from great friends, sent out my renewal for my passport, got court documents from the state of NE from my stupid "Minor In Possession" that I so stupidly got when I was 18 (still haunting me), had my "Guardianship" letter signed and notarized ..... twice :) ..... and so on.)

No comments:

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)