Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"Love you Lots, Mom"

Tonight is a "Memory Lane" visit of sorts. Looking back through my journal, I pulled out a card that mom had sent on Good Friday 2007 (the day I sent out my actual contract to my agency - first BIG check), and it reads: "I am so thrilled that your journey as a Mom starts today!!! I can't decide who is luckier; you or your daughter! (with a smiley face) Motherhood is not always easy - - - but it is always worth the price you pay in tears & laughter. I can't imagine life without my children - - without you! I am still Grandma's little girl - you are still my little girl and somewhere out there is YOUR little girl!!! What a beautiful circle! Love you! Mom"

Once again, I am blessed!

I also read a journal entry from March 5th, that morning I called Grandma and Grandpa and left a message on their home phone. As I was driving to work, I realized that they may already be grandparents for a 5th time, my daughter is probably out there already waiting for us! Mom, "Grandma," called back after listening to my message that afternoon with an excitement in her voice that I hadn't yet heard and left a message,"Oh teenie (my nickname) that is the most amazing thought, our granddaughter is out there!" She was giddy. I could just feel her beaming at the realization. This was the first time that I felt in my heart that my mom was 100% in this with me. Not that she didn't support sooner, as she always does, but that she too was just as excited as me now!

No comments:

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)