Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Monday, September 10, 2007

Sad Tonight!

Well, today I emailed Anne, my coordinator, to see how my dossier is coming along. I was told 2-6 weeks for my dossier to be in translation, and as of this Thursday, it would have been 6 weeks, so I had to email looking for an update. After some digging, Anne found out that their computer system hadn't been updated since last week because my dossier has been at the consulate since the 4th of September, nearly a week now. :) It will be at the consulate, here in the states, for 3-4 weeks (has already been there a week) and then it is off to the Ministries in Astana which is predicted to be another 2-3 months. In that time, LMI will be looking for a region for me. :) And on to the second emotion, it looks like you cannot time adoption.............just as you cannot time pregnancy. :) I have so many teacher friends, sister, etc that try to plan getting pregnant in the Summer so they can have the little one in the Spring so they can take their time off just before summer break and have 6 months at home w/ the new baby versus 3 months of maternity leave, needless to say, this rarely works as planned. :) Tonight I have learned that I will probably be traveling in the Spring and not this Winter...sigh, sigh, sigh. Sad tonight!

So here is the estimated timeline now:

3-4 weeks at the Consulate (already one week in)

2-3 months at the Ministry in Astana, Kazakhstan

And an additional ___ months until I travel??

***Anne said that this is now the time when we have no control and this is the hardest time for families.

No comments:

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)