Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Friday, October 12, 2007

2 Baby Houses?






Tonight, I may have learned something new; as I was reading another family's blog about their trip to Aqtobe (Aktobe) to adopt their little boy, I learned that there is actually 2 baby houses in Aktobe. The first baby house is Ymit, the baby house that I hear that i will be going to, and this baby house has the children up to a year old. I then learned that there is also a second baby house, this baby house has toddlers from 1-3 years of age. I was surprised to read this, I thought that most baby houses had babies & toddlers up to about age 3 or 4. I guess that I can't remember reading this fact anywhere, but I sure was surprised to read that at the Ymit babyhouse, there are only babies up to one year of age. My question to my coordinator now is, does this mean that I will be meeting babies up to only a year old, or can I also visit the second baby house to meet a couple toddlers? This is a question that I have since emailed Anne, my coordinator. :) My home study indicates that I can adopt a child from 6-15 months, and honestly, I am not sure that age is as important as health and personality. From my understanding, the photos that i am posting are from the 'toddler' baby house, it looks pretty nice.

1 comment:

Catalina said...

I really think is very hard to decide, at a very young age, chances for the child to have less trauma for staying in the orphenages, etc, but all of these are most of the time reversible, once a child is younger than 2. But the older the child is, the better you can pick up developmental delays, behavioral problems,etc. But I think if you want to adopt a healthy baby, the best think would be for you to have the option to decide and be given the opportunity to see both orphenages if possible. I wish you the best of luck :)
Catalina

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)