Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hit the Hay

Okay, a couple things before I hit the hay. I agree, I need to check w/ my agency to ask about the 'sharp knife' I was told to pack and the sauce pan that might send off red flags. I will let you know what I find. :) Who knows, maybe they don't sell knifes in Kaz? hehehe - I don't know, I am just being a good follower. Second, to answer Sandi's question on how in the world will I fit all of this in one carry-on and one checked bag?? Um, yep, you are / were right (as she told me that she is bringing 2 carry-ons and 2 checked bags and I advised her that is just too much luggage), there is no way on earth that I will do this. :) They keep telling you, pack light, pack light, but then they give you a list a mile long, similar to the list I posted I guess. :) How in the world can you pack light when they tell you it is an absolute necessity that you pack a big spoon, duct tape and a clothesline? :) I don't even have any clothes packed yet! Lastly, I have asked Anne what do I truly need on my first trip, since I plan to make two, and this is what she has advised:

First Trip - Take 3 or 4 outfits including sweaters, hats and a jacket, 2 or 3 blankets, a few bibs and burp clothes, books, and toys. If you want you can bring medications as well. No stroller or carrier needed on the first trip. You can buy diapers and wipes there as they are too bulky to pack. If the baby takes a bottle the baby house will bring you one. Pacifiers are a good idea and no need for shampoos and such on the first trip.

So what about that kitchen sink that I was told to bring? Which trip should I bring that on? :)

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Well I would think that if you are making 2 trips than yes this trip you won't need as much as you won't have custody of your daughter. I am planning on one long trip, so I will need everything, not even including clothes. I can't wait to get started and send you some pictures.
Sandi

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)