Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Packing, Packing and Re-Packing


So this may not be a fun post for those who are not either getting ready to travel, or for those of you that will never travel (my friends and family), but it is fun to share the craziness of trying to shop and pack before leaving to meet your child 1/2 way across the world. Here is what I have packed thus far: (basically any item mentioned on any list, I am trying to purchase and pack.....just in case you know)

Columbia water proof boots rated for -25 degrees (tough decision as they are not my normal cute high heeled boots, but they are practical - don't you hate practical!), custom diaper bag that will double or should I say triple as a backpack and a laptop carrier, several chewie toys, space bags, tampons, first aid kit, travel adapters, water purification tablets, 24 favorite DVDs for me and the baby, travel shampoo and the like, waist and arm money belts, sling purse, sauce pan, bibs, disposable bibs, Dr. Brown bottles with 2 types of Nipples, Sippy Cup, Tagless Onesies, Thermos with carrying case, baby wash clothes, Huggies wipes, giraffe rattle, 2 kid friendly photo albums, Ibuprofen, Desitin, Antibacterial gel and wipes, Baby Orajel, clothesline, Thank you cards, sewing kit, duct tape, several small Charmin to go rolls, vaseline, 2 different styles of nooks, Miralax, wrapping tissue, sharp knife, big spoon, several board books including a couple with baby sign language, gifts for the caregivers, my driver, etc, rubber gloves, flat drain stop, ice cube tray, baby health care and grooming kit, can opener, hand warmers, Shout Wipes, Tylenol Cough & Sore Throat, rubber funnels, hydro cortisone 1% cream, more rattles, Tylenol Infant drops plus Cold, Mylicon (gas relief for infants), Nix Lice Treatment, Q-tips, Midol (can't leave home without that!), Hot / Cold packs for baby, gift bags, light weight stroller, several super dooper cute girl outfits/ pj's/ onesies/ fleece zipper suit things :) from sizes 3-6 months to 12-18 months, Stack & Roll cups, Claritin D, Band-Aids, Halls cough drops, ziploc bags, Safety spoons, pantyhose, Johnson's baby travel kit, duffel bag, Tums, Eye drops, Shaving Cream, liquid detergent, Calming Lavendar and Vanilla Baby Lotion, body loofa, ear plugs, baby blanket x2, stuffed bear (that i have been sleeping with), pad of paper, travel pillow, Listerine Cool Mint, Downy Wrinkle Releaser, calculator, extra batteries for my camera, Thermals, pink Robeez from Aunt Becky, clothespins, flat bed sheet, pillow case, complete book for international adoption, travel book from LMI, passport + 4 additional copies of it, original I-171H, 4 original birth certificates, tons more paperwork...........and I still have more to buy such as a blow up tub, diapers, plastic bags for poopy diapers, pedialyte, food for me (granola bars, oatmeal, trail mix, etc.)crisp new money with the big heads :) ...........oh, so much more to do. :) Of course I will bring my laptop, I-Pod and my camera. My girlfriend Marla even let me borrow her purple luggage, perfect, who else has purple luggage? No getting taken by someone else accidentally. :)

7 comments:

Susan said...

wow! you are organized.
and, the boots are not bad.
from what i understand, you walk A LOT, so, no high heeled boots.

you are doing great!! cant wait to follow along. :)

Amy said...

Boy it sounds like you have thought of everything... I am going to use your list (and a few others I have found) to put a master list together of what I need to pack. So, realize your efforts will be used by future APs. Are you packing anything for bug bites? I have read many blogs of parents who either got bitten themselves or found bug bites on their baby and wished they had something to put on the bites.
Amy

Tasha Kent said...

Wow.. that's an exhaustive list! Any word on when you may be traveling??

Sandi said...

Ok now I can not wait to see how you intend to get all this into one checked bag and one carry on. Please do share your secrets.

Sandi

marsrob said...

WOW! Ok, I read your list very closely - just to be sure we haven't forgotten anything! The only difference in our lists: we were told to forget about the diapers because they have them over there...That is it! I feel better now that I have seen your list! Thanks for sharing!

Alysa said...

THAT is quite a list! I too want to know how you'll get that all in one suitcase weighing less than 45 lbs! Also want to point out that your metal objects (sauce pan, knife, etc.) will likely ensure your luggage is opened and inspected by security in baggage. No big deal if you don't mind your careful packing being kind of pointless. And your organization and total preparedness has me cringing at my complete lack of on both counts! Good for you!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Well I will have to copy this list. The ol' girl scout in me wants to *always be prepared.*

It's amazing how much we should take with us. We certainly take for granted all that is available to us here at home.

Thanks for sharing.
Eileen

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)