Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Delivery!





Today I came home to a UPS box 1/2 covered in the snow on my front step, Aunt Becky sent our quilt! :) As my friend Marla said, "It couldn't be more perfect, it ties everything in the room together!" Aunt Becky and I went shopping for the fabric one weekend while I was visiting her in Iowa, and she has been one busy Auntie since trying to get this quilt done before I got my LOI. She made it! :) I absolutely love it Beck, it is so darn perfect!!!! Every other square is a pink chenille and the back is a soft white fabric with tiny pink fuzzy polka dots. It is the sweetest blankie ever! Notice the pink stripe in the room, I will be putting my daughter's name in that stripe ........... but that won't happen until we meet and I learn who she is & what her given name is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, you have wonderful taste. Can't wait to see little kazarina in the crib, with her name displayed!
Shannon

Susan said...

aww so sweeet! I love quilts. BAby Kaz has one hand stitched and designed by her aunt and great grandma. The room looks great!

Matthew Ruley said...

Its gorgeous! That is one very special room. Can't wait to see pictures of baby in in! What is your agency telling you about your LOI? Come on, LOI!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Christy,
The room is gorgeous! Everything is put together beautifully. I love everything about it.

We love "homemade" quilts and goodies! Those made for love items are priceless. In this particular case you have added your love to it by picking out the fabric for the quilt.

You have commented on our blog about how creative we've been....but I have to tell you, you get high marks for creativity! How you put things together (the chair, the quilt fabric, painting (room, furniture, quotes, etc). No little girl could resist this room.

Can't wait to hear the name your little one will have!

Eileen

qmiller said...

Christy: It's an amazing room! So cute and so many personal touches! I was thinking of you the other night when I saw something on TV about the new Cabbage Patch Baby in celebration of their anniversary. I'd say that you are now absolutely ready for that LOI! Quaintance

Sandi said...

Christy,
The room looks awesome. I absolutely love the way everything has come together, it is just beautiful. Aunt Becky is one talented lady.

Sandi

Amy said...

Hi Christy:

Can I ask, if you remember that is, what the name of the light pink is that is on your dresser? I really really like it and am painting my LGs dresser similarly but have not found a shade of pink that I like that will stand out from the white. If you remember the name or number of the color and the brand of the paint. Thanks! PS the room looks fantastic!

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)