Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Thursday, December 6, 2007

It is Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

For those of you in Florida and California planning to travel to Kazakhstan in the winter months, I just wanted to get you ready for the winter. :) This is our home in Minnesota, we have gotten about 10" of snow in the past week. I must admit that it is beautiful really. It is true, do not rely on the hood of your coat as enough warmth for your head and ears, do pack a cozy fitted hat for extra warmth, your ears will thank you!

.......... and no LOI information yet, we are now at 8 1/2 weeks since I was given the hopeful estimate of 4-8 weeks. I know that my daughter is just not ready, I have to keep reminding myself of that, and let me tell you it is sure hard some days. Some days I feel that this was all a big dream and that I was a fool to think that it was real. It feels almost like it won't happen. Sad feeling! I do have faith thank heavens, so I plan to continue on each day with hope and start looking forward to Christmas while I am waiting.....something I hadn't been doing. I also learned that if I am to fly from the 12th to the 25th flights are about $500 more. Ugh! I only wish that I just had a time frame, I wish that they could tell me, "Christy, get your plane ticket, you will be flying to Kazakhstan to meet your daughter December 27th." That would be wonderful!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful home, and a wonderful place for Christy's Kazarina to grow up. I love the patio, even with the snow ;-)

Send some of it here, please, it's still in the freaking 80's and I'm sick of it!

Shannon

Sandi said...

Holy cow that is quite a bit of snow. I love your house, it is gorgeous.

Well as much as I am not a fan of snow cooler weather would be nice, however I was in north florida the other night and it was 40 degrees that is chilly for florida :)

I'm gonna freeze to death in January AHHHHHHHHH

Tasha Kent said...

You have a beautiful home!!!

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)