Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Our First Christmas Together







Today was actually our ‘Christmas’ visit, our first Christmas together and Z’s first Christmas ever. Yeah! And since I had already brought out all of her toys, I had to improvise on the present. I had some pink tissue paper, duct tape and a cute little pink outfit that I wrapped up for her…….yes, I did tape the present with duct tape. Hahaha A girl has to do what a girl has to do, but she didn’t care a bit. I think that Z liked the tissue paper the better than the new little outfit, go figure!

**Thank you future cousin Cheyenne for the awesome jumping Zeebra, John helped us open it today and sent us a photo here in Kazakhstan!!

This morning Zahri had her doctor’s appointment so we didn’t get to visit in the morning, but we had a great afternoon visit! Today I was able to bring her a bottle for the first time, and instead of feeding her boring porridge with a big man spoon, I got to bottle feed her diluted carrot / apple juice, and she absolutely devoured it! It was so awesome! The entire time she looked at me and held on to my finger tight. I used one of the Dr. Brown’s bottles and the Y shaped nipples, which seemed to work perfect! I remember reading that because babies are used to being fed fast & their sucking skills aren’t top notch, it is important to use a nipple with a larger hole or one that is Y shaped. I could tell that she was so thankful for that bottle. We also did a lot of singing today, we sang Rudolph, Jingle Bells, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, The Itsy Bitsy Spider and a couple more, boy has it been a long time since I sang baby songs. If you have any recommendations please post and refresh my aging memory. I am finding that she loves to be sung to, sometimes she dances & sometimes she cuddles in and calms down, but she loves music! I wish that I had burned a couple cds with kid songs before I left, we did burn lullabies, but the caregivers might kick my butt if I put Zahri to sleep before I bring her back for her supper.

So far, I have learned that Zahri loves to be sung to, she loves being tossed in the air and she loves when I make noises with my mouth (ie. Clicking my tongue, puffing my cheeks and using her feet to push the air out of my cheeks, etc.)

I found out yesterday that Z is just over 15.1 lbs now and she is 28.4” tall, not too shabby.

Top 10 Toys to Bring:

#10 Stacking Rings
#9 Stacking Cups
#8 Tissue Paper
#7 Plastic Bags
#6 Jingle Bell Booties
#5 Spinwheel
#4 Keys
#3 Simple Teething Rings
#2 Blow up Beach Ball
#1 BUBBLES (they all love bubbles!)

**I am including a photo of Laurie from Illinois and her son Kyson, isn’t he a darn cutie too!

15 comments:

Anne Bentley said...

Merry Christmas, Christy and Zahria!!!

Liz said...

Merry Christmas! Again, I cant get over how cute she is and how happy you look!

Liz

Sandi said...

Merry Christmas Christy and Zahri. what a wonderful christmas present. I am so happy for you!

Sandi

Patrick & Eileen said...

It was wonderful to have access to a computer while visiting family...I can view your blog & remain updated. Zahria and you both look happy!

Merry Christmas to You!!

Eileen & Pat

Rebecca said...

http://tcastle.com/sweetiepie.html
I sing this to Eli all the time, and Izaak loved it too. "You're my honeycomb, sugar bunch, pumpy-umpy-umpkin, you're my sweetie pie. You're my cuppy cake, gumdrop, shnoogems boogems, you're the apple of my eye!" Sing that to little Zahria from her Auntie Beck!

Anonymous said...

Christy, I was away from a computer for just a few hours for Christmas socializing, and look what I missed! Oh, she's such a pumpkin and I love the name Zahria! I think on your blog I probably voted for Emerson, which in its abstract I like but when I see your pumpkin she is not Emerson, she is Zahria. Totally and completely and she is BEAUTIFUL. I'm so happy for you!
Love, Shannon

Unknown said...

Zahri is the best Christmas gift ever! I just can't wait to wrap my arms around her and give her all the lovin she deserves! Give her a hug for Grandma!
Mom

Matthew Ruley said...

Merry Christmas!

I've been making alist of things to do with our future baby too. One thing I did was research nursery rhymes and whatnot. I wasnt ready to publish it on our blog yet, but I hurried up and did it anyway. Here is the link to the document. http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg5596wz_0ccjpttfs
Those that are in black are straight nursery rhymes, those that are blue are songs. All the lyrics and verses are there. Hoep this helps!

I'll hurry up and put together the document of age appropriate and learning activities that are fun for kids and post that ASAP. I'll send you a link to that too.

Matthew Ruley said...

I got concerned that you wouldt be able to open it - so here is a quick list of titles of some songs:
-the wheels on the bus go round n round
-the farmer and the dell
-mary had a little lamb
-twinkle twinkle little star
-oh my darling clemintine
-three blind mice
-row row row your boat
-Here we go 'round the mulberry bush
-My Bonnie lies over the ocean
-All around the mulberry bush
-London Bridge is falling down
-Eensy Weensy Spider
-If you're happy and you know it, Clap your hands
-Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O.
Christmas songs (not on the document):
-silent night
-joy to the world
-hark the herald angels sing
-let there be peace on earth
-Jesus loves me
-o little town of bethlehem
its not the words that are important (although they are), its the closeness and attention you give with gentle singing and rocking- so dont fret if you can't think of all the lyrics. La-la-la is fine... no one else will notice if you don't remember!

Dena said...

Merry Christmas to you and your little one! I am really enjoying following your blog.

Dena

Dena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alysa said...

Merry, merry... um... Boxing Day! That's a holiday in the UK on 12/26, which is what it will be by the time you read this! Hope your Christmas was wonderful and will undoubtedly forever be your most memorable. Zahria is adorable and the name is perfect!

Thanks again for the detailed posts. There will be no fur (except for the clingy cat variety) and definitely no stiletto-heeled boots finding their way into my luggage!

Alysa

Suzanne said...

Christy, I can't take my eyes off that picture of you feeding Zahri her bottle. Hoe perfectly beautiful.

Merry merry Christmas to you both.

Love,
Suzanne

Suzanne said...

And of course, I meant to type, "How perfectly beautiful." I don't know where that hoe came from.

-Suzanne

Pamela said...

Zahri is adorable and looks like a happy healthy little girl!

Your blog posts are fabulously full of details. What a joy it is to witness the journey you begin your life together!

Merry Christmas!

Pamela

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)