Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Monday, December 10, 2007

Soaking it all Up!

Today I was a bad worker bee, I came home from work around 4:00 to submerse myself in a new blog. :) Julie and her husband Rick adopted 2 little ones, a boy and a girl, from Aktobe in the Spring of 2006, and they were nice enough to send me their blog. I spent nearly 4 1/2 hours reading through their journey today and learning about my daughter's city, baby house and bits of her culture. For now, here are some new photos of Aktobe.



This is a photo of the Museum of History in Aktobe.


Here is the Mosque, I believe this is where the Muslim worship, and this Mosque is connected to the Shopping Market, kindof strange hu. :) Maybe it would be useful after spending way too much on shoes, you could just pop in to pray about having little willpower??


This is the men's worship room in the Mosque.


Here is the inside of the Catholic Church in Aktobe.


And this is one of the hotel rooms at the Amsterdam Hotel, this is the hotel that I have requested to stay at in Aktobe (not yet sure if this is where I will be but am hoping all works out.) It sounds like this is a fairly new hotel with an indoor pool, fairly nice accomodations and internet access in your room. Score!

4 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

Excellent photos! So wonderful for you to find a couple who adopted from the same region!! How cool is that! I'm sure they'll be quite helpful to you if you have any questions.

Eileen

Amy said...

Cool Christy!!! Isn't it nice to be able to read a blog from the region you are going to! See your blog is going to be very useful to other adoptive parents traveling after you! It makes the pain of the process a little more bearable!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I posted way earlier and my comment is not showing up. So I'll try again and hope it doesn't duplicate.

Anyway... YAHOO! I'm so excited for you and can't believe in about two weeks we will be reading about YOUR DAUGHTER. Wow.
Shannon

Regina said...

Hey girl!

I'm spending some time re-reading through your blog in prep for our trip, and saw this post. Is Julie and Rick's blog private? If not, can you send me the address? Or if so, would you mind either sending me their contact info, or asking if they could invite me to it? regina@ruopoli.com


Thanks!
Regina

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)