Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Thursday, December 20, 2007

I AM SAFE & SOUND

Hi all, I wanted to post that I am here in Aqtobe safe & sound. I will post more later tonight when I have a photo or two, for now I am starving and must call Aina my translator to see about going 'out on the town.'

I was able to post a couple photos from Amsterdam on my previous post. :)

**As for the money belt question, Pamela did post that she didn't take off her belt and that she was fine, so this could be an option too. I was only afraid as my belts had zippers = metal, and I didn't want to have to explain 'why the money,' but if I really didn't have to take them off, I would have absolutely preferred that. :)

**Why was my flight cancelled? No idea, they wouldn't tell us, it was just cancelled, not delayed, totally cancelled. How that happens to 2 flights in one day, I am not sure, but the weather in both cities was fine. Hmmmmm

8 comments:

Sandi said...

Yahoooo... Thank heavens all is well and you have updated your blog. I am sure I am not the only one stalking your blog.

Hurry up get some food and then give us a nice long update.

sandi

Susan said...

good morning!! we're so glad you made it safe and sound. and nope, SAndi is not your only stalker. :)

:)

Suzanne said...

You're there! You're there! I've been checking your blog for news just about hourly (this particular hour happens to be 5 a.m. my time!). I can't wait to hear about the rest of your flights and Aktobe and most of all, events at the baby house. I'm keeping my skype turned on whenever I'm home, just in case you want to chat.

I hope you had a nice time out on the town. Let us know how the wine lists are in Aktobe!

Big hugs-
Suzanne

Matthew Ruley said...

Yeah you're safe! So glad to ear that! You may have had a lot of stalkers but there were only two of us who kept posting! Hope all is well and can't hear more about the reason you're there!

Alysa said...

Glad you've arrived safe and sound. Stalking is an understatement! I think I check in about once an hour, even when I know you are probably sound asleep. I'm living vicariously through you right now! I'm still hoping for that Aqtobe LOI in the next couple of months.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! Hurry, hurry, hurry and tell us all about the babyhouse and your new daughter as soon as you can!! I'm sure this is a very emotional, exhausting and overwhelming time. We're all here with you thinking good thoughts and sending our prayers!

Alysa

Patrick & Eileen said...

Yeah....you made it!! Well, you're blog stalker from VA is here reporting for duty :)

I can't wait to hear more. Of course the next interesting thing would be your view on the food you're having!!

Thanks for the update & the photos. Very cool!

Eileen

Amy said...

Blog stalker Amy from Illinois checking in. Baby or babyhouse information please....glad to hear you are there!!!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you made it. We too stayed at the Ibis. Please tell Aina we said hello, and to please e-mail me. Looking forward to seeing more about your experience. Marcia

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)