Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Gifts

Today is yet another 're-packing' day, and I was looking over the gifts that I have purchased for my child's caregivers, my driver while I am in Kaz, my translator, coordinator, etc. I will be giving the orphanage / baby house a $500 donation and on top of that I have purchased 9 really fun pieces of jewelry from Cookie Lee, 9 bottles of yummy aromatherapy lotions from Arbonne, a translation dictionary and a bottle of Curve for Men (for Ceric my driver, I believe he is the only boy that I have to buy for.)
















I would love to know what other families are bringing for gifts & donations. Please do post comments so I know if I am on the right track. :) Thanks!

5 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hi Christy,
I don't have an answer for you as I'm hoping to see what comments you get from other Kaz bloggers. Has anyone emailed you privately with an answer? We would love to know what others have brought or will bring with them to Kaz as well.

That being said, I think the items you bought are great gifts! This is something that is so difficult for me because these will be people we don't know.

Sorry I couldn't be helpful to you.

Eileen

Matthew Ruley said...

LOVE those gift bags! Did they come with the jewelery? Too cool, love the colors. S

Susan said...

I got jewerly as well-found a lady who makes this gorgeous glass jewerly of Florida scenes--so i bought 9, and one for me of Kaz colors. I am waiting to find out what region so i can see how many dudes i need to buy for. I was thinking a bucs shirt.

I did hear that you need a "professional gift" for the judge-so not sure what that is going to be.

GREAT GIFTS!

i also have TONS and TONS of make up samples.

qmiller said...

Hi Christy!
Great gift choices! I took along gift bags, postcards of Michigan to write thank you notes and with translators help also had them written into Russian, small boxes of chocolates as hostess gifts, and then some of the same sort of choices that you've made. You're being very thoughtful with your choices and it will be appreciated! Quaintance

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Don't forget the judge, the judges assistant, the Min of Ed people , usually two of them and an extra gift or two. You could take some mainicure/fingernail polish stuff as they love the pretty nails or makeup kits, that stuff (at least in Astana) is really expensive. For example a bottle of polish was $10.00. You can email if you would like. jaimiegena@yahoo.com We got back in Jan and it was a real adventure. Don't worry yours will start soon I think and then you will be running around thinking of all those last min things. It's an adventure for sure. Gena Lloyd

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)