Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Saturday, November 10, 2007

We Are Registered!!!









Well, after 9 hours of shopping, we are now registered at Pottery Barn Kids, Babies R Us, and Target. I must say that my Consumer Reports 'Best Baby Products' book was a great help since this is my first time shopping for baby stuff; it gets quite overwhelming looking at 15 types of nearly everything. Most of the big stuff has already been purchased, but the little stuff sure adds up quickly too. :)

Regarding my Baby Shower, Angie, Sherree and Marla will be helping to get that together. Thanks a million you guys, I can't wait! We plan to get a bit loopy at my Baby Shower, just because it is so wrong. :) Who can drink at their baby shower? Either you are pregnant or possibly breast feeding, but nope, not me, I will be ready for a glass of wine or four. :) This will be one of the last times that I will feel comfortable getting a little loopy with friends because when my little Kazarina (Shannon's idea for a name, so I borrowed it until I have her 'real' name) comes home, mom needs to be ready at any time to meet her needs and take care of her. :) No wine for me! Our plan is to have the shower between my first and second trip to Kazakhstan, so I am thinking that might be sometime in January possibly?? Once I find out my definite travel date, it would be ideal to plan the shower 6 weeks from the day that I leave. Just a little fyi for friends and family. :)

For those of you that would rather shop online, you can go to potterybarnkids.com , target.com , or babiesrus.com and just go to registry, pull my name (Christy Simon - hehe) and all of my selections will be there for you. :) Even if you want to shop in the store, you can go online and print off my registry and decide what you like best before getting completely overwhelmed once you get to the store. :)

My selections at Pottery Barn were mostly bedding and storage related, I love the colors there and picked out a couple great sheet sets(need these), a sweet hooded towel (absolutely love this), green clothes hamper / bin (super cute!), another fuzzy diaper changing cover, Boppy and Boppy cover (would love to get), etc. I love Pottery Barn and my nursery colors are all centered around their shades of Pinks and Greens. :) It is fun because when you go online you get to see the photos of some of the items right on my registry list. :)

Babies R Us is where I did the bulk of my shopping, so if you live in the Twin Cities, the Maple Grove store rocks! I can't even begin to list all that I registered for here, but here are some specifics: Diaper Champ (double recommendation - Patrick & Eileen and Consumer Reports), Summer Infant Secure Sounds Monitor (Consumer Reports Recommendation), Huggies Supreme (my sister's recommendation), Especially for Baby Electric Bottle Warmer for the Nursery and a second First Years Fast Heat Travel Warmer for my car, Convertible Bath Tub (with a non-skid bottom, drain plug & contoured design), Boppy & cover, Birp Cloths, Snack Containers, Car Seat Protector, Ultimate Wipes Warmer, Halo Sleep Sacks (Consumer Reports), Hospitals Choice 3 in 1 Thermometer (Consumer Reports), Baby View Mirror, Desitin, Sateen Crib Mattress (allergy free), Keep me Dry Quilted Pads, some toys, Board Books - Eric Carle & several others, Dreft, Wash clothes, Sensitive Wipes, Powder Formula Dispenser (Cousin Stacy's Recommendation), Pantry Feeding Center, Dishwasher Safe Basket, Stacking Cups for the Bathtub, Changing Pad Cover (I am told that I need a couple) and a Jumperoo. :) If you go online you will also see many photos of the items that I have registered for, it is a great!

And lastly I registered at Target too, but I really didn't register for a ton here. Because I had registered for so much at Babies R Us I didn't want to double up too much. At Target I actually found two swings that I liked, but I only registered for the Graco Lovin' Hug Swing, this swing holds up to 31 lbs which is the best that I have found. :) I double registered for the same Jumperoo, my nephew loves his, so I figured that I best put this on my list. :) Other than that, I registered for additional Dr. Brown's Bottles (Brother & Past Client's Recommendations), Huggies Supreme Diapers, Sensitive Wipes, Aveeno Lavender Baby wash and lotion (Lady at Wal-Marts recommendation), a couple pair of super cute little boots, a musical gym, alphabet blocks, Board Books, a Veggie Tales DVD and a Musical Choo (super dooper cute toy train w/ animals - love this little toy).

I didn't register for any clothes, as I think that I am set in this department. Have you seen her closet? The girl is stocked up! :) Slowly but surely it is all coming together.

4 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

Christy,
Great lists! Last week we worked on ours (we have some of the same items!). Seeing your list reminded me of a couple of things we missed! Very helpful!

We don't live near family (France & California) and most of our friends are out of state from where we are currently based (Virigina)....so no Baby Shower for us. But everyone still wants to know what we need. We're planning on registering in France too (that'll be interesting).

I can tell you're going to have a blast! Enjoy this time and your glass(es)of wine! We'll have to open a of wine in your honor that day too :)

Oh, we already have the changing pad covers from Pottery Barn (2 - a green one & a yellow one). Aren't they nice!! I had to put a towel on it because our cat China thinks it's *nice* too! We love the Rainforest items as well.

Creating a registry was fun for us (it's still a work in progress as we haven't posted ours just yet).

Well...you already are a great mommy - making sure things are safe for baby and user friendly too! This is all part of our *nesting* phase.

Eileen :)

Matthew Ruley said...

Just like how we have packed and repacked, we've registered and re-reregistered. We shopped for big and small items as if we were to get one child, which is most likely. If we adopt one child, it should be under a year. However, if we get two children, they could be up to three years old, again unlikely, but possible. So we have not purchased things like stollers or car seats.

We did register last weekend (at babysrus)for a second bedroom furniture set in the event that we get two children, and we've been cleaining out the storage unit and Matt his office in the event that we need to quickly convert that into a second bedroom. In that event, one or both of us may come home inbetween the required in country times. If we dont', my friends will purchase a 2nd crib and put it in the current nursery and we'll work the 2nd nursery out later.

I opened a joint checking account with 2 friends who can also shop for age/gender specific items like toys (I've gotten a bunch but not enough) and clothes (only got enough for the trip).

You will be a great mom, I can read it all through your blog. Its amazing, parents typically say that they love their child to the ends of the earth, and we can say we love our our child so much that we traveled around the world get him/her.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have a glass of wine (or four) with you! ;-)

Great list, I can't wait to start that part of the process.

Shannon

Sandi said...

Great list. I have many of those items already and I am so happy that I had my sister and sister in law who have 2 children when I registered. They were a huge help and it made it much easier :)

I will for sure have some wine with you long distance the day of your shower.

Sandi

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)