Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"This is not a vacation!"

I am re-reading my 3-ring travel binder that LMI provided, and it reads: "You will be informed of your lodging before you leave. You will have access to bathing and laundry facilities (these facilities may or may not have hot water.)" and then while re-reading my past emails from my coordinator I read, "The water system is public, so it is possible to get nasty brown water regardless of where you stay."

And then I return back to my 3-ring travel binder and read the quote, "Remember to look upon your trip as an adventure, you are not going on a vacation or a tour." Ummmmmmm yeah, duh, brown cold water? Who would go on a vacation to a seriously chilly region with brown cold water?

Personally, if I were booking a vacation, I would choose a warm beach somewhere in the Carribean with white sand beaches and really yummy alcoholic drinks with umbrellas. :)

But, I am not booking a vacation, so I choose a really chilly region situated between China & Russia where the most precious little girl waits for me! And with that I will learn to live with, but not like, the brown cold water when it comes. :)

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Ahh the same outlook as me. I live in the sunny south so believe me when I say I would NOT choose a cold cold vacation, ever. I would also not prefer brown water but if these are the few sacrifices we must make it through for our daughters well then this is what we shall do :)

sandi

Susan said...

And,when your daughter is older and sassy, you can say, listen sugar pop, i endured brown cold water showers for you. Enough with the sas. :)
LOL

I would not call it a vacation either, but it's something even better. Anyone can go on vacation...it takes special people to go on "adoption adventure" of a lifetime!!

Kristi Gruizenga said...

When you and your little girl are ready for a tropical vacay, you have a free place to stay here in Mexico!

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)