Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lights Out - A Little Bit Of Advice


Okay, so last week, I was up in my bedroom, and the lights started to flicker in my house, within a minute the house went pitch black. I freaked out! I was in my room and didn't have my phone, no battery powered radio, no flashlight, nothing. I locked my bedroom door and stood still, listening to see if someone may be in my home. Nothing. I was not brave enough to even come out of my room, so I tip toed over to my side windows to see if the lights were out around me, and I couldn't tell - was it the moon that was lighting up the streets? And then I saw my neighbor's shadow so I yelled out the window, 'Is your power out too?' It was! Thank heavens! So I scurried down my stairs, still concerned that someone may be in my home and bolted next door to borrow a flashlight. This is the photo of me in my home during the outage, I have candles lit everywhere, my computer screen on for more light. :) The photo doesn't really show well just how many candles I had lit, but it is fun. I will now be purchasing flashlights for my bedroom and Living Areas and will keep a battery powered radio in the house too. Scary!!!! This is when a husband comes in handy! :)

2 comments:

Alysa said...

Ahh, who needs a husband?! You did fine! It is scary to suddenly go dark. And quiet. You've got those big lovable dogs for protection. I lived for 17 years in the redwoods in California, where the power would go out more often than I did! I had a generator that I would fire up after it had been out for more than a few hours, so I could keep the fridge going. Then there were the infamous rolling blackouts of a few years ago... Yes, keep a flashlight next to your bed, and another good one where you know where it is. The radio is a good idea too, but be sure to check the batteries every so often. Have underground utilities where I live now and no power outage in a year. I almost miss it. ;)

Tasha Kent said...

love the high chair!

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)