Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Friday, November 23, 2007

Kazakhstan Holidays

Okay, so I am starting to freak out a bit. I am concerned about being in Kaz during their holiday streak, which starts soon. I was really hoping to just miss those darn shut downs due to the holidays; I really would prefer to not 'need' to stay in Kaz for an additional week or two due to the holidays if I don't need to. Just to be honest, financially that would be tough. Here is what I have found for Kaz holidays:

Public Holidays in 2007

New Year's Day 2-3 January
International Women’s Day 8 March
Nauryz Meyrami (Traditional Spring Holiday) 21 March
Kazakhstan People’s Unity Day 1 May
Victory Day 9 May
Constitution Day 30 August
Republic Day 25 October
Independence Day 16 December

I will have to email Anne at LMI to see if Independence Day will cause any delays for me should I be in Kaz during the month of December. ????????? Worry, Worry, Worry! It is good to see that they have a Women's Day! :)

2 comments:

Kristi Gruizenga said...

Don't forget that the US Consulate is closed on Christmas and New Year's (sorry).

Kelly and Sne said...

I think they celebrate Russian orthodox Christmas on January 7th too. A busy season, it seems!

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)