Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Thursday, November 15, 2007

I am not 'Bull' shittin' you - 5 days!!

It seems that I may not get a 2 week window between the time that I receive my LOI and the time that I travel. I have been studying another LMI family's blog, they just returned from Aqtobe with their daughter, and they had a 5 day window from the time they received their 'Letter of Invitation'(LOI)and boarded the plane for Kazakhstan. Holy Cow!



HOLD UP - I HAD TO EDIT THIS POST, CINDY JUST POSTED A COMMENT, AND SHE TOO HAD A 5 DAY NOTICE TO TRAVEL TO AQTOBE. HOLY COW!

5 Days? I had to email Anne, my coordinator, to confirm that this was incorrect, but indeed it was not, they had 5 days. Yikes! Luckily, I feel that I could physically be ready for a 5-day notice; my paperwork is all notarized and apostilled, my brand spankin' new money is here, my business is at a good spot - all is at least under control - busy, but under control, my bags are nearly packed, I bought Peanut Butter, I have learned how to say stool in Russian (okay so a little more learning to go there)........hint hint little LOI. :)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Christy,
I had only 5 days too. I got my LOI sent passport to NY (for visa) got it back next day and flew out on Friday. It was a crazy week. You wait and wait and wait and then they want you there ASAP.
That's Kaz!!!

Kristi Gruizenga said...

Wow! That's wild that you can get your visa turned around that quick! Good thing you're on the ball and all prepared!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Christy,
Of course this freaks us out a bit. But, now we know we have to step it up. Our dossier is at the Consulate but it could be in Kaz by next week? Who knows? Things seem to be moving along.

Today, we're finally going to get our immunizations. Not fun!

Eileen

Amy said...

Talk about being a little slow up there...I was reading your blog about you reading another LMI families blog that returned from Aktobe just recently. As soon as I read the Aktobe part I thought, oh, I have to find out what that blog address is and tell Christy about it. It took me five seconds to realize I was reading your blog. I blame it on not enough caffeine, it being Friday, and not hearing anything about my dossier again.

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)