Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happiest Thanksgiving

Wow do I have a lot to be thankful for this year! This journey to find my daughter has been the most inspiring & uplifting journey of my life. I have met so many wonderful people, most adoptive families like me, via the Internet, and I thank heavens for this technology that has enabled us to all meet, share our stories, excitements, concerns, questions & new found love. What would we do without each other? Truly? To have so many other families that are experiencing everything that I am feeling is so helpful, and I am seriously thankful for all of you! I can't wait for us all to continue to follow each other's journeys and meet all of these little Kaz & Kryg (Suzanne) babies. :) Thank you Suzanne, Kristi, Sandi, Alyssa, Jen & Marshall, Shannon, Pat & Eileen, Susan and all of my SKM moms that I was fortunate enough to meet at this year's Shindig!

I am also thankful for my friends whom I knew prior to starting on this wonderful journey! Your friendships and continuous support is so very appreciated and I love you all! I am blessed to have found such wonderful 'true' friendships in my adult life, it is true that phrase, "Minnesota Nice." Minnesota does have great people!!! Thank you Angie, Sherree, Marla, John & Audrey (my bestest friend from my childhood!)

And most importantly, thank you to my family, your serious support has been amazing. To my parents, who I know I threw for a loop when choosing to adopt as a single mom at 31, I appreciate your support more than you know. I am blessed to have parents that truly love me unconditionally and support me 100%, you are amazing role models as my parents, and I too vow to love and support my daughter this same way.......even if she comes home w/ pink hair and a nose ring. :) Thank you mom for jumping at the chance to travel with me, and thank you for getting your passport, immunizations, reading our Travel guide from LMI, sharing my story with your friends, learning how to Skype, saving up the needed money to travel, purchasing her top of the line car seat, and flying over the ocean for your first time, despite your fears, to bring home our baby! Thank you to my most amazing sister, my best friend, and my travel companion on our return trip to pick up little baby Kazarina. And thank you to my little brother Matt for continuing to touch base and ask how my journey is going, I know that I also threw you for a loop with my choice to adopt internationally as a single mom, and I truly appreciate your support! Our little girls are going to just love each other!!!! This is an adventure for all of us, and I am so thankful that you are not only supportive but just as pumped as I am about adding this mysterious little girl to our family.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that this Thanksgiving I am spending it with my best friend Angie's family here in Big Lake, they are an Italian family and tend to really 'Do Up' holidays so I know that it will be a good time; my family is getting together in Colorado, but I just don't want to be too far from home right now. :)

4 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

Christy,
Wow...thank you for including us in your latest update! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! It seems like this Thanksgiving is quite special this year - the anticipation of our little ones comes to mind.

I haven't posted this on our blog yet...but our name for our daughter will be the very name of your "bestest friend." We love that name!

I wanted to send you an e-card today but do not have your email addy. Our addy is: hochstein2005@verizon.net

I'm a little teary-eyed and just wanted to connect with others today that know just what we're going through - timelines and all.

I'm so glad to see you posted an update today. How did the court house go?

Happy Thanksgiving - by the way, we're thankful for you too!!!!

Eileen

Suzanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sweet Christy!

I am equally thankful that we came into each other's lives via our adoption plans this year. I so treasure your friendship. And who knew that our connection would connect me to my eighth cousin once removed, Sherree??? I hate to fall back on the cliche, "It's a small world." Especially when you and I both have to travel half way around it twice to find our children! But even as I sit here at little desk in a little apartment Argentina, I couldn't feel closer to you.

Yes. I'm thankful too.

Suzanne

Susan said...

Hey sweet Christy--have you ever read the book or seen the lil movie called "The Secret"? It was on Oprah and it's bascially the law of attraction-if you are positive then you attract + things to your life. If you only think of the negative, you will craete that reality as well. There is also a big part of it about realizing your blessings and being grateful. Its so easy to concentrate on the things that AREN'T going right, instead of what we do have. When we slow down and really think about all our blessings,we are truly lucky.

Your daughter is going to think she is pretty lucky to have you for a super cool mom.

Unknown said...

Thanksgiving is one of my all time favorite holidays because it does make us pause to appreciate all that we have in our lives. It gives us a special time to express an "attitude of gratitude"! It warms my heart to hear my daughter speak so warmly of us, her parents. You give me a lot of credit for our family's happiness---I give the same credit to my Mom and she gives it to her Mom! Christy, you will give the same joy to your children---I am so very confident of it! You, like your sister and brother, will keep this wonderful circle of love we call "family" going strong. There is no greater gift you can give your Dad and I than to be a wonderful parent to our grandchildren. Thank you for being you!
Love you always,
Mom

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)