Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Monday, November 26, 2007

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr





Okay, so I think that God is trying to get me ready for anything now, so when I have my little one, I am ready! First the power outage when I didn't have a phone, flashlight or a battery operated radio and now...........a flat tire on a dark County Road. Nope, no flashlight in my car either. I did however have my Roadside Assistance card (good job Christy), gave them a call, and 30 minutes later - after a stop by a full size white van asking if I needed help (yikes, but he was actually a very nice man, the only nice man that stopped out of probably 50+ cars that passed) - my tow truck came to help me put my spare on. Now keep in mind that I drive a Volkswagen so my spare is not yet inflated (not sure if all VWs are the same?) so that means that we first need to figure out how to blow up the spare, where is the pump, where do we plug the pump in, how do we take off the tire (it is all tricky and not so ordinary)......... It was a chore.....but now I know how to do it on my own if I had to. :) A test! And now I will have my flashlight in the car too!

Now here is the bad news, I just found out today that because I own an all wheel drive vehicle, and my tire was not repairable, I have to get all new tires, yes all 4! Who knew! I called 3 people, one being my own very mechanically inclined father, and all 3 said that it was highly recommended that I replace all 4 tires. I guess that you can replace only 2 if you want, but it isn't good on your drive shaft. Crap - there goes $800. Grrrr!

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Crap and Grrrr about the tire situation! But great that you now know how to handle it on your own. I remember the first time I had to change a flat tire, I was petrified. But a nice man - my father - came to my rescue and showed me how by making ME do it while he talked me through it. One of the best gifts he ever gave me!

The car seat and boots both look great! What a stylin' family you'll be!

Suzanne

Patrick & Eileen said...

Christy, I'm so glad that you're okay! I was stranded in the desert once....before I ever had a cell phone! Thankfully there were call boxes. I don't know how long I stood there before a tow truck came to help me with my spare? I did have two highway patrol officers check up on me...even when the tow truck guy was there! Oh...I think there was something about girls going missing on highways at the time and that was why the highway patrol made a big deal. Yeah, I was freaked!

I'm glad it turned out well for you and that you learned something new before your little one comes! Sorry you have to fork over $$$$ for all new tires though!

Eileen

Sandi said...

Christy,
Ouch, that is an unwelcome expense during the holidays and the adoption. I am glad you are ok and at least had your roadside number with you.

Love the boots, they are awesome! I also love the gifts, I am trying to get a few other items, like some disney pens for the judge and the doctor.. I have some jewelry, bath/body works lotions. I was also considering some nice warm gloves.

sandi

Tasha Kent said...

Grrr.. but it is a one-time thing.

By the way, I have a VW Jetta and hate it with a passion.

Any word yet as to when you might/maybe/supposedly/most likely will get a referral?

Alysa said...

Ditto what Suzanne said, "Crap and Grrr!" I'm betting crap wasn't actually the first word that came to your mind! ;) Glad you were able to get through the situation unscathed, even if the unexpected expense is the result.

I had a flat late one night on a very dark and windy mountain road pre cell phone days. I know how to change a tire, but the idiots that had put in on last with their air-wrenches (or whatever they are called) had the lugnuts on so tight I could NOT get them off. Fortunately my landlord drove by and went to fetch her husband and his much better socket wrench. Whew!

All part of your preparations to deal with whatever comes your way!

I love the boots too. So, did the pup get the other pair as permanent chew toys?

Alysa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Grrr, when it rains it pours. And grr, I screwed up the comment trying to add a cute emoticon so I'll try again!

The good news is this will all end with an LOI soon! I feel the vibe!
Shannon

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)