Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

There is Another New Mommy in our Midst




Today, November 6th, 2007, Suzanne is officially starting her adoption journey to meet her little Kyrgyzstan baby! Yahoooooo! I remember back to January of this year when we were both sitting in our Living Rooms with our glasses of wine, crackers and cheese, with fireplaces roaring diligently researching adoptions on our laptops. How many hours do you think we researched? How many emails did we share? How many emotions did we experience? How many glasses of wine did we drink? Oh - ooops, wasn't supposed to type that one. :) Thank you for being such a wonderful friend throughout my journey. I have always looked forward to your emails and am super pumped that you too are now able to start your journey! I can't wait for our daughters to play, for us to come see you in California, and to follow along on your journey to find and meet your little one. Congratulations on your great news today!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually Christy I think that's how a lot of people become parents, after too many glasses of wine! ;-) Congrats to your friend and I look forward to hearing about her travels as well.
Shannon

Sandi said...

I second that comment Shannon. Even paperpregnant can happen after too many adult beverages.

Congrats to your friend and welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood and friendships through cyberspace.

Sandi

marsrob said...

Congrats to your friend! And...here's to you getting to meet your little one soon!

Suzanne said...

Hey! It's me, Suzanne! I just found this post. Thanks for nudging me! I've been a little wrapped up in my own blog these last couple of days.

Thanks for the good wishes and for making me feel like I wasn't drinking alone all those cold, winter, research-filled nights last year!

Hey everyone, doesn't Christy just totally rock?!?!

Love you to bits-
Suzanne

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)