Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Friday, November 2, 2007

The Nursery.........So Far






Well, here it is, the nursery. :) We are still working on it, but at least if I received my LOI tomorrow (hint hint), I wouldn't stress too much about the current state of the nursery. I ordered her name (or at least I think it will be her name) in sweet white cursive letters from Upper Case Living, that will go above her dresser / changing table. I also want to put up some black and white photos from our trip to Kaz, but other than that, I am pretty simple in my taste, so here it is! :) No traditional mobile I decided, instead, a delicate butterfly mobile that hangs from the ceiling just above her crib. No bumper, Consumer Reports told me not to, so I have listened. As one of the other adoptive mom's said, "Her crib looks quite bare right now, but when she comes home and is sleeping in there it will be the cutest crib ever.........even w/out the sweet bumpers, quilts and stuffed animals." Her quilt is being finished up by her Aunt Becky, and I cannot wait to see it!!!!! :) Becky and I went material shopping in Iowa and I am super excited to see how our picks came together. I think that I will be bringing back her hot pink curtains and exchanging them for the lighter pink dupioni curtains, the hot pink seems to just be a bit too hot. ;) I also ordered the phrase "Heaven's Gift" in chocolate brown to put on the outside of her bedroom door, so when I look down the hallway from my room and see her little room with 'Heaven's Gift' looking back at me. :)

7 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

That is one sweet nursery! So girly-girl! She will LOVE it! Suz

Sandi said...

I love it, it is beautiful and very girly. So LOI tomorrow?? Are we hinting something.... HMMM

Sandi

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Christy,

The nursery is so cute. I love the black and white photo idea. Here's to an LOI soon!

Karen.

marsrob said...

A BEAUTIFUL nursery! Just darling!!! She'll LOVE it!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Very, very sweet!! My first thoughts were *girly-girl*....then I saw that Suz said it too.

Had we known we were going for a girl at the beginning of our journey....I'd go all out pink too.

Eileen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful nursery! I want a white crib, too ;-) Fingers are crossed for you............
Shannon

Tasha Kent said...

TOO CUTE!!

When can you get to my house to design my nursery?

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)